Spring Break 2014
About 50 1st yr. medical students from Wright State Univ., in Dayton, OH, are spending their 2014 Spring Break in the New Orleans area. They're working for free at several non-profits and 6 have chosen the NOMMS warehouse where they'll help for 4 days. They're helping greatly to label and organize the inventory, from the glasses that need sorting to the hundreds of medical items in the warehouse. Dr. Tom Kennedy has been directing their efforts. On Tuesday evening he prepared a meal of his wonderful jambalaya with the help of some students. Then all the Wright State students joined us at the warehouse to learn about NOMMS and to sample some good local food.
Our New WarehouseIn March of 2010 NOMMS leased a 9,000 sq. ft. warehouse to accommodate our rapid growth. This is the fourth warehouse NOMMS has occupied since our founding in 2001. This facility has everything we need to receive donated medical materials, perform quality control, sort, pack and ship supplies for missions and make donations of supplies to our partners. It is our hope that this will become our permanent home once we raise the funds to purchase it.
The address is 625 Distributors Row, Harahan, LA 70123.
- Three truckloads of supplies to National Guard within 48 hours after Katrina
- Assisted City of New Orleans in receiving, warehousing and distribution of medical equipment to the City of New Orleans
- Women’s New Life Center – donation of medical and office equipment
- Servants of Mary - Donated medical and office supplies
- Second Harvesters - Donated 32.183 lbs. of food
- Catholic Charities - Donated medical supplies
- Daughters of Charity - Donated medical supplies
- Access Pregnancy Center - Medical equipment and supplies
- Iowa Flood Recovery - First aid supplies
- Haiti Earthquake Relief - 8 pallets of emergency medical supplies