New Orleans Medical Mission Services, Inc.
The primary purpose of New Orleans Medical Mission Services, Inc. (“NOMMS”) is sending teams of medical and support personnel (“Volunteers”) to provide necessary health care to patients in poor countries (“Missions”), without regard to such patients’ race, gender, religious affiliation, or sexual orientation. Its purpose is one of healing the sick, and doing so with care and compassion.
Go to the Gallery to see photos and video from recent missions and events.
NOMMS Volunteer Memorial Garden
On Saturday, September 7, 2013, NOMMS dedicated a memorial garden and plaque to those volunteers who have provided substantial time, energy and skills to help the organization achieve the goals of NOMMS. The first honorees were Maureen Ann Shaw and Captain George J. Peterson, II. Father Joseph Doyle was on hand to bless the memorial garden along with many of the dedicated volunteers who currently work tireless to provide help to the needy poor.
Our New WarehouseIn March of 2010 NOMMS leased a 9,000 sq. ft. warehouse to accommodate our rapid growth. This is the fourth warehouse NOMMS has occupied since our founding in 2001. This facility has everything we need to receive donated medical materials, perform quality control, sort, pack and ship supplies for missions and make donations of supplies to our partners. It is our hope that this will become our permanent home once we raise the funds to purchase it.
The address is 625 Distributors Row, Harahan, LA 70123.
- Three truckloads of supplies to National Guard within 48 hours after Katrina
- Assisted City of New Orleans in receiving, warehousing and distribution of medical equipment to the City of New Orleans
- Women’s New Life Center – donation of medical and office equipment
- Servants of Mary - Donated medical and office supplies
- Second Harvesters - Donated 32.183 lbs. of food
- Catholic Charities - Donated medical supplies
- Daughters of Charity - Donated medical supplies
- Access Pregnancy Center - Medical equipment and supplies
- Iowa Flood Recovery - First aid supplies
- Haiti Earthquake Relief - 8 pallets of emergency medical supplies